Faculty of Science
Faculty of Science OHS Hazard Identification Inspections
FOS Inspection Pack
- Workplace inspection procedure
- General laboratory Checklist
- Computer laboratory Checklist
- Workplace Inspection Sheet
- Ionising Radiation Inspection Checklist
- Class 3B and 4 laser laboratory checklist
- Risk Assessment Matrix
The Faculty is continuing its comprehensive review of hazards and assessment of risks. This involves identification of hazards and assessment of risks. It also involves the elimination of risk where possible, or control of risks through changing equipment, materials, work methods or introducing personal protective equipment. .
Workplace inspections are required to ensure a consistent, planned, systematic appraisal of the workplace to identify hazards, assess and rate risks, and implement and review controls.
Workplace inspections are an integral part of the Risk Management Policy, and ensure that the University is able to:
- display management commitment to health and safety
- monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of health and safety practices and procedures
- improve health and safety practices and procedures
- measure Health and Safety (H&S) compliance
- check new facilities, equipment, processes
- identify hazardous conditions and review hazard control measures
- collect information that identifies potential new safety initiatives
- maintain interest in health and safety through consultation
- empower staff to ensure a safe work environment.
Did you find what you were looking for? For further information, clarification or to make suggestions about this site please contact Michael Carley on x 9725