Call for Master and PhD Applications at Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
Macquarie University locates in the north of Greater Sydney with a very nice campus. It is about 20-25 minutes driving to the city/sowntown (19 kms, map).
- Successful applicants will receive the tax-free scholarship (IPRS/iMQRES for international students or APA/ MQRES for demostic students) of about $27,082 per annum together PLUS free tuition fees of 3 years for a PhD, or 2 years for Master Research (MRes).
- A PhD student enrolled in an overseas university can apply for the cotutelle PhD program at Macquarie. A successful applicant can receive scholarship with the same rate of about $27,082 per annum for 2 years. After graduation, the student can be awarded PhD degrees from both the overseas university and Macquarie University respectively.
- An applicant from China can also apply for CSC (Chinese Scholarship Council) scholarship. If granted, Macquaire covers tuition fee (about $40k/year) and CSC provides stipend (about $25k/year) for the whole program.
- A PhD student could receive the funds of up to AU$10k for international conference travel ($5000 from university and $5000 from faculty) during the program. There are two rounds of applications each year.
- A good background in any of computer science (CS), information technology (IT), information system (IS), mathematics or electronic engineering (EE) is necessary. Background in other desciplines would be welcome too if relevant to the research project.
- A PhD scholarship applicant should have a 2 years (or more) Master research degree with 50% research compoment before study commencement at MQ.
- Research paper(s) published or accepted for publication would be valuable for scholarship application.
- Activities, such as receiving prize(s)/award(s)/medal(s)/scholarship(s) is value-adding to scholarship application.
- For admission to the PhD program, an international applicant needs an IELTS score of 6.5 overall with minimum 6.0 in each band (or an equivalent overall score of 237 in Computer-based TOEFL, 580 in Paper-based TOEFL, or overall 92 in internet-based TOEFL). This requirement is waived if you have obtained a Bachelor or Master degree from an English-speaking country, e.g., Canada, USA, UK, Australia etc.
HOW TO APPLY?
You may find useful information for application at http://www.hdr.mq.edu.au/information_about/how_to_apply.
- for international applicants
- for demostic applicants
More information can be found at http://hdr.mq.edu.au/information_about/scholarships.
Candidates with interest please send your CV and transcripts to A/Prof. Yan Wang (email@example.com) as soon as possible.
Dr Yan Wang
Department of Computing
Sydney, NSW 2109
Home Page: http://www.comp.mq.edu.au/~yanwang