Cotutelle PhD Program at Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COTUTELLE (DOUBLE PHD DEGREES) PROGRAM AND JOITN PHD PROGRAM
The same PhD thesis needs to be submitted for examination at both the overseas (home) university and Macquarie University, respectively. If passed both examination processes, the students will be awarded two PhD degrees at both universities. Please check at http://www.mq.edu.au/researdch/phd-an-research-degrees/explore-research-degrees/cotutelle-and-joint-phd.
An applicant needs to be a PhD student enrolled at an overseas university (the home university, out of Australia).
- Successful applicants will receive the scholarship of about $27,082 per annum tax-free with free tuition fees for up to 2 years.
- A PhD student could receive the funds of up to AU$10k for attending international conferences ($5000 from university and $5000 from faculty) during the program. There are two rounds of applications each year.
- A good background in any of computer science (CS), information technology (IT), information system (IS), mathematics or electronic engineering (EE) is necessary. Background in other desciplines would be welcome too if relevant to the research project.
- A PhD scholarship applicant should have a 2 years (or more) Master research degree with 50% research compoment before study commencement at MQ.
- Research paper(s) published or accepted for publication would be valuable for scholarship application.
- Activities, such as receiving prize(s)/award(s)/medal(s)/scholarship(s) is value-adding to scholarship application.
- For admission to the PhD program, an international applicant needs an IELTS score of 6.5 overall with minimum 6.0 in each band (or an equivalent overall score of 237 in Computer-based TOEFL, 580 in Paper-based TOEFL, or overall 92 in internet-based TOEFL). This requirement is waived if you have obtained a Bachelor or Master degree from an English-speaking country, e.g., Canada, USA, UK, Australia etc.
- Applicants with high GPA or strong research background will be considered for lower English scores.
HOW TO APPLY?
You may find useful information for application at http://www.hdr.mq.edu.au/information_about/how_to_apply.
Candidates with interest please send your CV and transcripts to A/Prof. Yan Wang (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible.
Dr Yan Wang
Department of Computing
Sydney, NSW 2109
Home Page: http://www.comp.mq.edu.au/~yanwang