Professor Bernard Mans
Director of the Centre
for Advanced Computing: Algorithms and Cryptography (ACAC)
Department of Computing
Faculty of Science and Engineering
353, 4 Research Park Drive, Becton Dickson (BD) Building
Phone: + 61 2 9850 9574
13/11/2020: Our PLOS ONE paper on Vaccination strategies with indirect
transmission links (sadly highly relevant to Covid-19) is out!
Md. Shahzamal, B. Mans, F. De Hoog, D. Pain and R. Jurdak,
"Vaccination strategies on dynamic networks with indirect transmission
links and limited contact information", PLOS ONE, 15(11), November
2020, 24 pages, e0241612.
Other information available with the
and with Macquarie University's magazine:
- Interim Executive Dean (Aug 2019 - July 2020)
Faculty of Science and Engineering, Macquarie
- Deputy Dean (May 2016 - August 2019) Faculty of Science and Engineering.
- Associate Dean (Research), Faculty of Science, Macquarie
University (Jan 2014 - May 2016).
- Head of Department, Dept of Computing (2008-2013).
- Member, University Senate, Faculty of Science representative (2009, 2010).
- Member, MQ-SIBT, Academic Board (2008-2013).
- Member, University International Scholarship Committee (2009-2012).
- Member, Equal Opportunity Committee - Non-English Speaking Background, Staff representative, (1999-2009).
- Acting Head of Department (13 Dec 2004 to 22 July 2005).
- University Research Policy & Management Committee, Research Projects Panel, Co-opted member (2002, 2006, 2008).
- Acting Chair, Research Committee,
Division of ICS (1st September
2005 to 31st January 2006).
- Director of Research,
Dept of Computing (2002-2008).
Research Committee, Division of ICS (2002-08).
Current Projects (see Publications)
- Dynamic Networks and Dynamic Graphs
- Information Propagation Speed in Mobile and Wireless Networks
- Functional Graphs for Polynomials in Finite Fields
Copyright © Bernard Mans, Macquarie
University. All rights reserved.