ICSOC 2018 - Call For Demonstrations
THE 16TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SERVICE ORIENTED COMPUTING
NOVEMBER 12-15, 2018, HANGZHOU, ZHEJIANG, CHINA
- Demonstration Submission: July 30 2018 (23:59 UTC-12)
- Author Notification: August 20, 2018 (23:59 UTC-12)
- Camera Ready Submission: August 27, 2018 (23:59 UTC-12)
Information for Authors
The goal of the ICSOC Demo track is to provide opportunities for participants from academia and industry to present their latest development in Service Oriented Computing. Interactive systems, design-support tools, platforms and novel applications are particularly welcome.
The "Best Demo" Awards, will be given to the demos that the Demonstration Program Committee judges to be the best in quality, execution, and impact among all the accepted demos in the conference.
Topics of Interest
The proposals for demonstration track focus on tools or research prototypes that showcase the innovations in Service-Oriented Applications. Areas of interest for demonstrations include all topics for ICSOC conference. Specific topics of interest include, but not limited to, the following:
- Modeling Business Services and Service Value Networks
- Flexible Service Composition and Mashups
- Adaptive Service-based Systems
- Business Process Interaction and Choreographies
- Business Intelligence and Analytics for Services
- Services on the Cloud (XAAS)
- Service Integration and Orchestration
- Service Engineering Tools and Methodology
- Service Design Methods and Tools
- Service Change Management Systems
- Service Operations and Management
- Service Applications and Implementations
- Service-oriented Architecture Showcases
- Quality of Service Design and Management
- Service Security, Privacy, and Trust
- Service Vocabularies and Ontology
- Cloud Computing Services and Engineering
- Grid and Scientific Computing Services
- Pervasive and Mobile Services
- Embedded and Real-time Services
- Testbeds for Service Technologies and Concepts
- Social Networks and Services
- Internet of Things Services
- Data-aware Services including Artifact-Centric Systems
- Services for Big Data
- Human-mediated Services
- RESTful Web Services
- Open API
- Service Adaptation and Customization
- Service Governance
- Formal Methods for Web Services
- Validation and Verification of Services
- Elastic Service Computing
- RFID, sensor data and services related to the Internet of Things
- Services related linked open data
Submissions accepted for the Demo track will be advertised on the ICSOC 2018 website and be included in the conference proceedings. Each Demo submission must consist of the following elements:
Paper (maximum 5 pages):
- Pages 1-3 to describe the system to be demonstrated. The authors are encouraged to discuss the application domain, the problem scenario, the technology used, the techniques involved, the innovations of the system, interactive aspects, etc.
- Page 4 should only list the bibliographic references.
- Page 5 to provide the organizers with a list of requirements for the demo setting at the conference.
- Papers must be prepared using the ICSOC format and submitted as PDF files. Submissions not conforming to the guidelines above will be rejected.
Video (maximum 5 minutes):
- The paper should contain a URL linking to a demonstration video of no more than 5 minutes in duration (QuickTime or YouTube format) showing and explaining the execution of the system.
- The video should be understandable without sound as much as possible, as they can be played during the conference.
Papers should be formatted according to Springer’s LNCS Formatting Guidelines. Submissions must be in English. All papers must be submitted electronically in PDF to the Demo Submission System.
All accepted papers will be included in the Conference Proceedings published by Springer Verlag in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series. Videos of accepted demo papers will be played (with no sound) during breaks and demo sessions to increase visibility.
For each accepted paper, at least one author must attend the conference and present the paper. The deadline for identifying and registering this individual author will be at the time when the camera-ready version is submitted.
The submission and selection process for the ICSOC 2018 Demos will be separate from that of the main conference. Each submission will be assessed by the Demos Program Committee. The authors will receive a brief evaluation report with the notification. The evaluation criteria are:
- Relevance to the ICSOC conference
- Significance and originality
- Video content and presentation
- Maturity and readiness of the demonstration
- Potential for public interaction
- Potential impact in the intended application domain
- Potential interest to a broader audience
Antonio Bucchiarone (Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Trento, Italy)
Wei (Emma) Zhang (Macquarie University, Australia)
Ying (Jenny) Zou (Queen’s University, Canada)
Demonstration Co-Chairs: firstname.lastname@example.org