- Install Horizon View Client for Ubuntu
Horizon View Client for Ubuntu runs on Ubuntu 12.04 systems and you install it by using Synaptic Package Manager
- On your Ubuntu machine, enable Canonical Partners
- a. open update manager.
- b. click on settings button and supply the password for perfoming administrative tasks.
- In the Software Sources dialog box, click the Other Software tab and select the Canonical Partners check box to select the archive for software that Canonical packages for their partners.
- click close and follow the instruction to update the package list
Open the terminal windows and in the prompt type in:
It will open Synaptic Package Manager window
- On right top corner in Quick Filter type in vmware and click on search
- In the list of packages returned, select the check box next to vmware-view-client and select Mark for Installation
- Click Apply in the toolbar
What to do next
start Horizon View Client
- Click on Dash Home and search for vmware view or
- Click on Application and click on vmware view client
- In VMware view client window type in remote machine address