MQ Office365 Settings
Please upgrade Thunderbird to the latest version. To find out what version is installed, click on Help -> About in Thunderbird.
The following instructions are for Thunderbird version 38.4.0 (as of Dec 2015).
- Click on the triple horizontal bar icon
- Options > Account Settings
- Account Actions button -> Add Mail Account
- Your name: First and Last name
- Email Address: Full MQ email address (ie: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: your OneID password
- Click Continue > Manual config button
- Select the following options:
- Incoming: IMAP, outlook.office365.com, 993, SSL/TLS, Normal password
- Outgoing: SMTP, smtp.office365.com, 587, StartTLS, Normal password
- Username: your full email address for both incoming and outgoing (ex: email@example.com)
See Configuration instructions for other email clients.
Note: If you already using Thunderbird for checking your mail on GMAIL, after step 2, please change your “Account Name” into something different (ex: firstname.lastname@example.org GMAIL) or something like that. When creating new account, by default it will use the email address as the account name, and Thunderbird does not handle having 2 identical account name, hence why you need to rename your previous Account Name. After this, continue on to step 3.