Faculty of Science
Business and Community
The Faculty of Science at Macquarie University is committed to building partnerships with commercial, governmental, cultural and professional organisations. Macquarie University is a modern research-intensive institution that provides students with an academically rigorous education and real world experience to enhance their degree.
One example of this commitment is through the Faculty's involvement in the Participation and Community Engagement (PACE) Initiative. PACE is a key component of the University's strategic direction, emphasising the University's commitment to excellence in research, learning and teaching, and community engagement. It is aimed at connecting students with partner organisations and providing Macquarie students the chance to contribute their academic learning, enthusiasm and fresh perspective to the professional workplace. To learn more about PACE in Science and how you can be involved, please visit the PACE Website or contact the PACE Team in the Faculty of Science: firstname.lastname@example.org
Macquarie University is strategically located on 126 hectares of bushland in the heart of Sydney's north west high-technology corridor. This unique location provides opportunities to partner with leading companies, many located nearby, and provide a collaborative approach to teaching, learning and research. Of particular note is our Industry Partnership Program which provides our partners the opportunity to engage with Macquarie on a number of levels including scholarships and awards, postgraduate recruitment, and research.
Macquarie University employs many internationally renowned academic staff who are leading researchers in their field. The opportunity to learn directly from these staff is one of the many reasons studying at Macquarie University is a valued experience, and an important factor in partners choosing to engage with Macquarie University on many different levels.
The Faculty of Science regularly hosts Industry events including seminars, which provide insights into emerging developments across all of our areas of study. For example, this includes developments in ICT and Internet technologies that will power the next wave of Internet products and services.
Through the Faculty of Science's Education program and the PACE Initiative, business and community organisations are invited to engage with the Faculty through programs aimed at enriching the educational experience and opportunity for students at Macquarie University. Further, this engagement is directed at assisting local, regional and international partners build their capacity to meet their mission and purpose.
- Hosting teams of 3rd year BSc (Photonics), BCompSc and BE students
- Hosting engineering, chemistry, GIS, planning, and health, chiropractic, and climate science students for work experience
- Hosting biology, geography, museum studies, science communication, astronomy, environmental science and environmental management students for field or project-based engagement
- Providing opportunities for vacation scholarships
- Providing internships and cadetships
- Providing scholarships and prizes
- Industry-based Honours, Masters and PhD projects
- Community-based research with a partner component
Links and Instructions
- Full list of Participation units
- Faculty of Science undergraduate, Honours, Masters and PhD degrees
- To have an opportunity announced to students, email: email@example.com
- Discuss becoming involved with scholarships and prizes: Daniel McGill