Diego Mollá Aliod
Diego Mollá Aliod
Email: diego.molla-aliod at mq.edu.au Address: Macquarie University Division of Information and Communication Sciences Computing Department Sydney NSW 2109 Australia Tel: +61-(0)2-9850-9531 Fax: +61-(0)2-9850-9551
Hi, welcome to my home page. My full name is Diego Mollá Aliod, where my family name is the double word Mollá Aliod. It is like a hyphenated surname, but without a hyphen! I often sign my publications as Diego Mollá or Diego Mollá-Aliod.
My general research interests lie in the extraction of information from text. I have worked on question answering, named entity recognition, and summarisation. Below are more details of my recent research.
If you are looking for an undergraduate or postgraduate research topic, look at my list of Honours and Masters projects. If you don't find your favourite topic in the list, feel free to send me an email and discuss possible research.
For more ideas, you can also look at:
Natural Language Processing of Medical Text
I have recently built a corpus of summaries of clinical inquiries using the material from the Journal of Family Practice. With this corpus I plan to develop techniques to help medical practitioners find and appraise clinical evidence under the paradigm of Evidence Based Medicine.
Answer Extraction and Question Answering
- A short description of ExtrAns and relevant papers.
- A short description of WebExtrAns and relevant papers.
- A longer description of ExtrAns, adapted to HTML from a publication in CLIP.
- A demo of ExtrAns (Send me an email if it doesn't work).
My PhD focused on a formal specification of a subset of the aspectual interactions between nouns and verbs. Relevant links are:
I am a senior lecturer at the Department of Computing, Macquarie University.
- Teaching responsibilities (2015, Semester 2):
- Administration Responsibilities (2015, Semester 2):
- Exemptions officer
- Executive member of the Australasian Language Technology Association (ALTA)
- Advisory board member of BioASQ
- Research Projects:
- Units I've taught in the recent past:
- COMP123: 2001H2, 2002H1
- COMP125: 2004H2, 2005H1, 2006H1, 2007H1, 2008H1, 2009H1, 2010H1, 2012H2, 2013H1
- COMP248: 2000H2, 2001H2, 2002H2, 2003H2, 2006H2, 2008H2
- COMP249: 2004H1, 2011H1, 2015H1
- COMP348: 2001H1, 2002H1, 2003H1, 2007H1, 2007H2, 2008H1, 2009H1, 2010H1, 2013H1, 2014H1, 2015H1
- COMP448: 2005H1, 2006H1, 2008H1, 2009H1, 2010H2
- COMP453: 2002H2, 2003H2, 2004H2
- COMP401/901: 2010H2, 2011H1, 2012H1
- COMP783: 2015H1
- ITEC830: 2006H2, 2010H2, 2012H2, 2014H2
- ITEC831: 2012H1
- ITEC833: 2011H1
- ITEC872: 2011H2
- ITEC902: 2012H2
- SLP148: 2003H1, 2004H1, 2005H1, 2006H1, 2007H2, 2008H2
- Past recent administration responsibilities:
- MRes advisor: 2014H1
- Honours convenor: 2010H2 - 2012H2
- Exemptions officer: 2009H1 - present
- Secretary of the Australasian Language Technology Association (ALTA): 2003 - 2008
- President of the Australasian Language Technology Association (ALTA): 2009 - 2010
- Executive member of the Australasian Language Technology Association (ALTA): 2011 - present
- Tuesday 5-6pm, room E6A331
- Friday 11am-12pm, room E6A331
Other times by appointment
What I'm doing Now
1 Jul 2015 - 31 Jun 2016 Helping organise OzCLO
1 Jan 2015 - 31 Dec 2016 Executive member of ALTA
5 Nov 2012 - now Advisory board member of BioASQ
27 Jul - 6 Dec 2015 Taught COMP700, ITEC830
17 Sep - 18 Sep 2015 Attended SEPLN 2015
1 Mar - 31 Jul 2015 Teaching COMP249, COMP348, COMP783
1 Jul 2014 - 31 Jun 2015 Helped organise OzCLO
1 Jan 2013 - 31 Dec 2014 Executive member of ALTA
10 - 12 Dec 2014 Attended the IEEE Consumer Electronics Society Workshop on eHealthcare at the University of Sydney
1 Aug - 12 Dec 2014 Convened and taught ITEC830
1 Aug - 30 Nov 2014 Organised the 2014 ALTA shared task
26-28 Nov 2014 Attended ALTA 2014
1-30 Aug 2014 Organised the 2014 Macquarie University Workshop on Text Mining and Health
6 - 11 Jul 2014 Attended SIGIR 2014
3 Mar - 11 Jul 2014 Convened and taught COMP348
17 Feb - 31 Jun 2014 Advisor of Master of Research in Computing
1 Jul 2013 - 31 Jun 2014 Helped organise OzCLO
10 Jan - 14 Feb 2014 Visited CSIRO ICT Centre, Marsfield, Sydney.